Z-Edge Z3 ,the new pick for the best dam cam by Wirecutter. According to the WIRECUTTER (Feb 23, 2016), Z-Edge Z3 wins the competition because of its great image quality with great video quality in the wide 2560×1080-pixel format across a range of difficult outdoor light and reliable, automatic operation .
While most dash cams in the market are based on Novatek chips, the Z-Edge Z3 is built on high end Ambarella A7 processor, features higher stability on seamless recording. The OV4689 Color CMOS image sensor captures video in 1296P resolution.
Automatic seamless video recording in loop to use the storage efficiently, with the earliest unlocked video clips being overwritten when reaching the storage card’s maximal capacity. Customizable video clip length of 1, 3, and 5 minutes.
The device is automatically turned on and recording when the engine starts, and automatically turned off shortly after the engine is off (working for most Car Models except those always having power supply in the cigarette lighter even when the engine is off).
The device automatically pauses video recording after the vehicle stops moving for some time, and automatically resumes recording when the vehicle starts to move.
Highly-sensitive G-sensor powered automatic video recording and video file locking when a collision or crash is detected. The sensitivity of the G-sensor can be set to low, mid and high levels.
In parking, the device is automatically turned on and recording when a vibration is detected.
Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) Technology:
the car dvr’s range is extended to cover a greater span between bright and dark areas in the image.
- Voted best 2016 dash cam by Wirecutter – Super HD dashboard camera focusing on great image quality and reliable, automatic operation each time you get in your car – thousands recording with this top rated windshield camera that avoids pricey, unnecessary features such as GPS and Wi-Fi
- ULTRA 2K HD IMAGE QUALITY: Record every moment in exceptional 2560 X 1080p super HD resolution at 30 frames per second (the current maximum available in consumer dash cams) – broad 145-degree field of view (FOV), offering useful details when you zoom-in with minimal fisheye image distortion
- Automatic Safeguards: Records automatically during vehicle ignition – switches off automatically with ignition off – energy saving LCD screen off timer – loop recording feature for efficient storage management – manual and automatic video protection from deletion – in-built G-sensor / accelerometer triggers crash detection recording – parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle
- Never Miss a License Plate: Featuring best-in-class color CMOS image sensor and processor to capture details at a distance crisply and across a variety of light conditions – 3.0-inch scratch resistant LCD display screen – USB and battery power for reliable performance in hot and freezing conditions that ordinarily impacts pure battery power
- Now 32GB Kingston SD memory card inside every pack – solid suction mount with screw-in attachment, fully adjustable for best viewing and quickly removable – extra long 157-inch USB cable for easy routing inside your vehicle’s interior – dual port USB adapter – 30 days money back guarantee – 18 month warranty – lifetime support