The Whistler XTR-538 Laser Radar Detector has a compact & discreet design that provides a new level of operating convenience. Its Red OLED Text Display shows alerts detected, engaged modes & digital signal strength in easy-to-read text format (i.e. HIGHWAY or Ka9). Real Voice Alerts & Selectable Tone Alerts allow you to keep your eyes on the road, while Alert Periscope LED’s on top of the unit provide bright red visual alerts. 360-degree MAXX Coverage & Total Band Protection ensure maximum protection in the front, sides, and rear of your vehicle. This unit detects VG-2 & POP Mode (brief bursts of radar), laser & radar signals including X & K band – SuperWideBand Ka – Laser (the only bands that are used for speed measurement).
Selectable Bands allow specific bands to be turned on or off. A High Gain Lens provides increased field of view which means better range. It has 3 different modes, including City & Highway as well as 2 additional filter modes to reduce false alerts. The XTR-538 is battery operated with rechargeable NiMH batteries that provide hours of use without the need for a power cord. Its Internal Battery Charger recharges the NiMH batteries in the unit when plugged into a functioning 12V socket. It also comes complete with a Windshield Bracket Kit, Power Cord & Manual for quick & easy setup.
XTR-538 Laser Radar Detector Features
– Total Band Protection
– Red OLED Text Display
– REAL VOICE® ALERTS
– 360 Degree Protection
– VG-2 Detection
– 3 City Modes/Highway Mode
– Quiet/Auto Quiet Modes
– Battery Operated
– Alert Priority
- Total Band Protection – Provides Complete Band Coverage of all Laser, Radar (X, K, and Ka bands), VG-2, and Safety Radar bands.
- 360 Degree Protection – Units with 360 protection detect signals from all radar, laser, VG-2 and safety radar systems wherever they come from; front, rear or from the side.
- VG-2 Detection -The VG-2, also known as a “radar detector – detector,” is a special receiver used by police to detect signals radiated by a radar detector. Thanks to Whistler’s patented VG-2 cloaking technology, your detector will remain invisible to VG-2 detection.
- 3 City Modes/Highway Mode- Highway mode provides full audio and visual warning of laser/radar systems while maintaining full sensitivity, and is the default setting of Whistler laser/radar detectors. City mode helps reduce the annoyance of automatic door openers and burglar alarm alerts by providing an initial alert (same distance as Highway Mode) then remaining quiet unless the signal strength becomes very strong.
- Extra Feature includes: Red OLED Text Display, REAL VOICE® ALERTS, Quiet/Auto Quiet Modes, Battery Operated, Alert Priority, Selectable Bands & Alerts, and Periscopes