There are times when it is convenient to be able to quickly remove your antenna without fumbling around for tools. Perhaps your antenna is too tall to fit into your garage, or you often park in a high theft area. Maybe you don’t use your antenna every day but want to be able to snap it on in a hurry when you do want to use it. If that’s the case, a quick disconnect is all that you need.
- The R-1A may be used with antennas up to 5′ and is compatible with 3/8″-24 threaded antennas and accessories.
- R-1A’s installed dimensions are 2.5″ (65mm) high by 0.600″ (15mm) diameter.
- The upper and lower body parts are made of chrome plated machine brass. The locking pin is stainless steel and the spring is heat treated spring steel.
- The R-1A utilizes an external locking design. A benefit of the external locking mechanism is its added ruggedness.
- Recommend use – situations that involve continuous exposure to shaking and vibration.