1. RDS Tuner – “RDS” stands for “Radio Data System” and it allows FM broadcasters to send far more than just an analog audio signal out over the air waves. Using a 57 kHz “subcarrier,” stations can transmit digital RDS data for reception by RDS-equipped FM tuners. Depending on what the broadcaster transmits and what your tuner can pick up, you can receive information such as the name of the artist/song, name of the station, genre, traffic information and more. 2. Front AUX (Auxiliary) In – This input on the MR648W that says “AUX” is an interface that allows the input of audio signals for MP3 players, headphones and portable music players. It is for AUDIO ONLY and not video. 3. Switchable US & Europe Tuner Frequencies – If you happen to take the MR648W outside of the US, you are able to pick up European frequencies so that you can enjoy your music abroad as well. 4. Output Power: 60 Watts x 4 Channels – The MR648W offers 4 channels that can be used to hook up 4 speakers. Typically though, it is a much better practice to have an amplifier running your system. 5. Pre-Amp Outputs – These are outputs in the form of RCA connections that go from the back of the MR648W to the inputs of your amplifier, also in the form of RCA connections. What this does is to amplify the audio signal that is going from your receiver, through your amplifier and on to your speakers. 6. Playback – CD±R/RW, MP3
UV Protective coating
Since the MR648W is under the sun a lot of the times, the outside shell has a Ultra-Violet coating to protect it from the damaging effects that the sun offers. The PC board is also coated to have the protection that IT needs from the corrosion that humidity and salt can bring on over time.
1. Preamp output: 1 V 2. FM Frequency range: 87.5-107.9MHz U. S. / 87.5 108MHz Europe 3. IF frequency: 10.7Hz 4. AM Frequency range: 530-1710KHz U. S. / 522-1620KHz Europe 5. IF frequency: 10.7Hz 6. Power supply: 12 Volts DC 7. Power consumption: Max 10A 8. Power Output: 60 watts x 4 9. Number of channels: 2 stereo 10. Dimensions: (L x W x H) 7” x 6.5” x 1.97
Compatible With Audio Output of iPod / iPhone, Smartphones and MP3 Players
A great feature that comes in really handy is that little hole that says “AUX”. What this means is that if you can connect a device that has an Auxiliary output, such as your iPhone/iPod, smartphone and MP3 players straight into the Auxiliary input of your head unit. So basically a cable that has (2) 3.5mm audio (male) plugs. Important: Please beware that this feature is not the same as the “Full iPod Control”. This feature will only allow you to control your music by clicking on the designated buttons via the face or front side of your unit.
The face plate detaches and you can carry it with you for safety and security as well as when you want to insert an SD memory card with all your favorite Audio entertainment needs.
- PLAYBACK: CD±R/RW Audio – MP3
- INPUTS and OUTPUTS: USB Port – SD Port – Aux-In – Compatible with Audio Output of iPod/iPhone, smartphones and MP3 Players – Pre-Amp Outputs
- GENERAL: Remote Control – Detachable Face – Switchable US and Europe Tuner Frequencies – RDS Tuner – PC Board with Conformal Coating – Front Panel UV Coating – Output Power: 60 W x 4 CH